1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
We are looking at Jesus as the Word of God. Jesus is God’s final word to us.
Jesus is the Eternal Word
- Jesus existed before anything was.
“He is the eternal Word; therefore, we see that He can offer us eternal life.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
- Saying the word was God is immediately ascribing deity to Jesus.
Jesus is the Creative Word (v3)
- All things were made through Jesus.
- Jesus is supplying the creativity
- The worlds were made by the Son of God
“What is He saying to you?” – Pastor Billy Johnson
Jesus is the Incarnate Word (v14)
- The Word (Jesus) stepped into time.
“Jesus became one of us.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
- God laid down His eternal privileges so He could become one of us and walk on the earth as a man (Philippians 2:6-8)
Celebrate that Jesus is the Word! Get to know Him!