At the beginning of each year we are normally asking ourselves, “What do I want to do?” The challenge now is to ask yourself, “Who do I want to become?”
Become a Person Who Responds to God
- Do not be oblivious to what God is doing
God wanted Gideon to act on God’s behalf. To be that person who responds to God you must:
Respond to God Honestly (v12)
- Gideon responded to God honestly by expressing his true feelings in his response.
Respond to God Humbly (v15)
- Gideon recognized that his clan was weak and he, himself, was the weakest.
“When we walk in pride, we rebel grace.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
- Gideon acknowledged his limitations but also worked through his limitations.
Respond to God Reverently (v22)
- Gideon was reverent when he recognized the angel of the Lord.
- Have a respect in your heart when you recognize an encounter with God. Don’t hurry past those times. Respond to Him reverently.
Respond to God Obediently (v25)
- God is looking for and waiting on your obedience.
- Don’t worry if it “hasn’t been done that way before.”
“Don’t talk yourself out of what God is requiring you to do.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
Respond to God Confidently (Judges 7:15-18)
- Gideon moved from the place of fear (cowardice) to confidence