1Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”
Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. [a]It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”
Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
7 And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one. 8 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
Ask yourself “Who am I becoming?”
Who have you become after you got the job, your post went viral, etc.
People seem to be more about popularity than the message of Jesus Christ.
Are you the person that God intended you to be?
Don’t ask “what” you have become but “who” have you become since it leans more toward your character.
“God will give you the ability to give you everything He’s purposed for you to be. – Pastor Billy Johnson
Case Study Paul (Saul)
God Shines His Light on You
- During the time that God reveals Himself to us don’t be afraid of the light being shone upon you. The light shines upon you to see not necessarily who God is but who YOU are!
God Shifts Things Around You (v6)
- Things that were in a certain spot are no longer there. Things are being shifted so you can “become.” You will then stop holding on some things that you need to release.
- Idols will be removed from your life. Some of those things are things that you prayed for and received and they have now become idols.
- God will remove foolish people from your life.
God Will Shake the Past Off You
1 Timothy 1:12-13
“Who God created you to be is more than what you see.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
You can shake the past off you.
God Shapes His Character in You
- After God takes you through the process, He reveals His Son in you. You need to allow God to put His values inside of you.
“At some point you have to have the character of Christ.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
- God will allow the right people to come along to show you that you have some work to do on yourself.
- What have you become because of 2020?
“Is it more important that He’s famous or you?” – Pastor Billy Johnson
God Shares His Life Through You
- Everything you are going through must take place so you can become.
“One of the reasons you are becoming is because God wants to share His life with you.” – Pastor Billy Johnson