Romans 12:1, I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Jesus is our model for serving. And the tools we have to serve
Everyone has three things:
- A faith – We’ve all been given a measure faith.
- A grace – We all have a grace that is unique and individual.
- A place – We are all members of the body of Christ.
In the Bible there are different kinds of gifts Ministry Gifts, Spiritual Gifts, and Motivational Gifts. We are going to focus on the motivational gifts.
Three Sentences to Finish to Discover Your Gifts
I am at my best when I __________________.
I am most fulfilled when I _________________.
Others are most positively affected when I ______________.
“God wants you to get out of your comfort zone, but He doesn’t want us to get out of our gift zone.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
God has given each of us a gift.
Psalms 139:13, For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
- They are built into us from birth.
- They are to be used for God’s glory and the benefit of others.
- They are the motivating force for our lives that shape our personality.
- Each perspective depends on the others for a picture of the whole.
- We are equal in the sight of God and equal in value to the Body of Christ
- These gifts are subject to our will and can be used, neglected, or abused.
You have to discover your gift
You have to develop your gift
Then God will deploy you.
“Whatever gift God gives you it’s up to you to develop it.” – Pastor Billy Johnson