All over the world we are moving back into tribalism. But it’s not just the world, it’s affecting the church.
Chapters 1-3 of Ephesians speaks of our relationship with God, but beginning in Chapter 4, God speaks of our relationship with each other. And unless we get this relationship together, we have missed the boat.
So often we are trying to blame the White House, the School House, or the Jail House as the reason for the division in our society. But the truth is we are to blame for this division.
Church has become irrelevant, because the world cannot see the significance of your relationship with one another.
The Picture (The Goal) (Vs. 1-3)
- Walk worthy in our calling.
- Always be humble and gentle
- Making allowances for each other’s faults
We need to deal with tribalism at home, in the church, and in our society.
The People (The Gifted)
Often times we reject people because of the packaging, or the external picture.
“God gives gifts to each person for other people.” – Pastor Fred Caldwell
- Gifts to each person for other People
- Gifts to the church for the church
God places certain people in our lives for different reasons:
- Charm Us – Some people just attract people to them
- Chafe Us – These are people that rub against you in a way that makes you uncomfortable
- Challenge – These are people that push back against your thinking and actions
- Champion – These are people that stand behind you and help promote your cause
- Change Us – These are people designed to help
The Process (Grounded)
How long will it take for me to get the picture?
How long will it take for me to get the people?
verse 13. Until we ALL attain
Children chase after personalities and constantly are in turmoil with each other.
Mature adults know how to live with one another in peace and aren’t tossed and driven by the personalities in our life
God wants us stable and mature.