An inheritance is what you leave behind for your loved one or others that are dear to you. A legacy encompasses the inheritance, but is so much more. It represents who you were, what you did, and what you believed.
“Who are you and what will your legacy be?” – Elder Michael Harris
Jesus asked a question saying, “Who do men say that I am and then He asked: who do you say that I am.” (Mark 8:27-29)
There will always be differing opinions about you, who you are, and the legacy you establish. Every day of our life, we add to our legacy.
What You Have Learned
- Learn to “be”
- Timothy was called to learn before he started teaching
- Timothy was directed to continue learning
- Teach Others – Faithful Men (Faith in God)
How You Will Lead
- In the world – We are experiencing a lack of true leadership (morals, values, etc.)
- In the church – We are experiencing a decline in Godly leadership.
- As a believer, we should exhibit Godly leadership.
- Not ruling from authority but servanthood (Mark 10:42, 1 Peter 5:3)
- Not thinking of self highly (Romans 12:3)
- Placing others above self (Philemon 2:3)
- Knowing that how we lead is for others to know Christ (2 Timothy 2:10)
How Will You Live
- Be an example
- Be a constant reminder
- Be a testimony
The Legacy You Will Leave
- Love the Lord Your God with all (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- Everything belongs to God (that means you)
- Live for God (Galatians 2:20)
- The world will know that we are disciples …by how we live.