The Thief – Genesis 27
Jacob’s name literally means deceiver, and throughout his life, he was taught that deception was the way to live.
- Jacob tricked Esau from his birthright
- His mother, Rebekah, helped him deceive his father for the blessing
- Jacob was tricked by Laban in to marrying both of his daughters
The Track Star – Genesis 28
Jacob ran his whole life from everything that influenced or hurt him. He ran from problems, relationships, and hard conversations.
The Overcomer – Genesis 32:24-30
Jacob encounters God and from that moment he is changed:
- Jacob’s name is changed to Israel
- Jacob’s walk in life is changed (he cannot run anymore)