When you are involved in ministry, or any caring profession, and don’t recognize the value of your interior, your ministry will fail
Value the benefit of recharging.
If you don’t recharge the people you serve will be shortchanged.
Ministry was never meant to be done constantly.
Three Things Jesus Did to Focus on Soul Care
Establish Healthy Boundaries
- Ensure you to have the freedom to say yes or no
- Can’t function optimally when you are always tired
- Don’t let the needs of the people erase your need for healthy boundaries / “boundaries keep you balanced”
- Boundaries help you to disconnect
“Boundaries keep you balanced” – Dr. David Ireland
Need Times of Solitude and Silence
- Have to listen to your heart and asking those probing questions
- Allows yourself to listen to God’s heart
- Ask yourself what is God saying and what is God saying to you
- Prioritize your spiritual gifts
- Listen for your mission (assignment)
“What is the Lord saying to you today, now?” – Dr. David Ireland
Need Times in the Presence of God
- In His presence is where you learn to enjoy God again
- Nothing like the manifest presence of God where God is showing up at a specific place doing a specific thing
- Each one of use is wired differently as to how we get in the presence of God
- Need to have drive, hunger, passion for God
- Some things in your life will need definite endings in order for you to get in the presence of God