Last week, we examined Genesis 3 and determined where we are. Now we must get where we need to be.
TO GET WHERE WE NEED TO BE WE MUST:
1. Be honest about where you are – v. 10
- Afraid (fear)
- Naked (uncovered)
God will not deal with you and me in lies. There has to be something about us that’s gut-level honest.
2. Understand what caused you to be where you are – v. 11
- They ate from the forbidden tree
Socrates once said, “An unexamined life is not worth living.” The point of the statement is to take time, not to just live your life, but to examine it.
3. Stop blaming others for where you are – v. 12 – 13
- The woman you gave me
- The woman said, the serpent deceived me…
“You And I have to take responsibility for where we are. It’s called ‘being grown’.”- Pastor Billy Johnson
4. Let God cover you where you are – vs. 21 – 23
- God made tunics and clothed them – v. 21
“You’ve been walking around with robes of shame, let God cover you with robes of righteousness.” – Pastor Billy Johnson
5. Let God bring you where you need to be – vs. 22 – 24
- God sent him out of the garden for his own protection – v. 23
Many times we ask God to do something, but God keeps us from it for our own protection.