Everything in life begins with a choice and some choices are more important than others. Pastor Bill explains in his message that Joshua, the servant of God who succeeded Moses, is coming to the close of his life. Joshua was impressed that before he departs he should challenge the Children of Israel to make right choices concerning their relationship to God.
Christians today are challenged to make right choices
if we desire to live a productive life that brings glory to God.
Five important choices you can glean from Joshua 24:14-14
- Serve the Lord reverentially (respectful fear).
- Serve the Lord sincerely – let harmony be between a person’s internal and external self.
- Serve truthfully (faithful) – what should God’s expectation be of us?
- Serve the Lord exclusively – move all obstacles that would hinder you from serving God
- Serve the Lord decidedly – you’re going to serve someone so make a decision to serve God.