What Is Your Identity?
“My Feet will never go where my mind has not been.” – Ifeanyi Onomuno
Only what God says about you matters.
How you identify yourself determines how you approach life.
1) God Loves You!
In order to know and understand your identity, you must know that God Loves You!
If we look throughout the scriptures, you’ll begin to see God’s love for us.
- Zephaniah 3:17 – God rejoices over you.
- Hebrews 8:12 – He will not remember your sins anymore.
- Isaiah 49:16 – He has tattooed your name on His hand and you are constantly on His mind.
- Isaiah 52:12 – How He goes before you, and He is your rear guard.
- Hebrews 13:5 – He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – God is not thinking bad about you, but rather good thoughts.
2) Committed To God
When you understand your identity, your commitment to God and His priorities grows.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – We are new creations in Christ.
- Philippians 1:6 – God is faithful to complete the work that He started in us.
- 1 Peter 2:2 – We should yearn for God’s word
3) Your Impact On Others
Now that we understand our identity, we can fully realize our impact on the world surrounding us.
- Luke 10:19 – God has given us authority over the enemy, spiritual or physical